Friday, December 18, 2015

Mary B's tatted snowflakes


I can’t believe how much fun I had at quilting on Thursday (12/17).  I was supposed to help Jan with a purse pattern so I just took some knitting to get started, but she didn’t come until after 11 and stayed only 20 minutes, so I got the neck ribbing done on my kid’s sweater and set up my markers.  Several people brought in goodies, and I had hopped up in the morning to make more of those cheese/pepper/scallion crescent rolls, so there was plenty to eat.  Mary B gave me the most BEAUTIFULLY tatted snowflakes in the perfect colors (you should have heard Michael’s gasp when he saw them and pronounced them perfect!!):    
 
I got the quilting minutes out when I got home, then Michael and I spent several hours reading.  I headed downstairs for about an hour and began to attach the binding to one of the dino baby quilts, and at 6 PM we picked up Ann Mary & Jim and headed to Lancaster.  We stopped at Loree’s to drop off a few things, and we also stopped at THE HALLMARK STORE for Ann Mary to get an ornament they set aside for her, before heading to O’ Charlie’s for dinner.  The restaurant only had on street parking, and my dad was with me once again as I parallel parked with only one back swoop into the spot….WHEW…..thanks DAD!!!  Dinner was great…I had shrimp and grits, Michael had a creamy tomato sauce over penne with shrimp, Jim had some kind of chicken and Ann Mary had broiled salmon over a salad (she’s always the healthy one :~).  We were home by 8:30 and BG and I had a chance to SKYPE!!!!!  For an hour!!!!  I think this is the first time we’ve ever done that…and it was great.  We’re going to try to do it once a month.  After that, it was a bit more reading until bed.

1 comment:

  1. The snowflakes are Gorgeous !!! Truly a lost art....

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.