Sunday, April 29, 2012

Inez & Cookie


Thursday morning (4/26) Inez and I left for quilting.  I think she had a good time getting to meet another group of my friends and I also got a bit more beading done on the wall hanging.  Seven of us stopped at the local BBQ place on the way home and that was great as well.  I got a tiny bit of crafting done in the afternoon before Bob picked us up at 3:30.  The band had a gig at an assisted living place in Charlotte, so Inez got to hear me sing.  One of the coolest things about the gig was that one of the residents came up to sing with me.  She had a lovely voice and Inez asked her if she had ever sung before.  The woman said she had sung on the radio in the 40's and that she had just turned 91!!  Michael stayed home, since it was opening night for the SCCL ‘legends of TV’ performance.  Michael is playing Rob Petrie and Johnny Carson.

I can’t remember now what we did all day Friday, but Friday night was the dinner theatre at Fort Mill.  There were 15 of us and the play was Steel Magnolia’s.  The cast was EXCELLENT and I think everyone had a good time.  By the time we got home, Michael was already home with another successful performance under his belt.

Saturday morning (4/28) my knitting students came from 9 – 11.  Once they were gone, Michael, Inez and I headed up to the yard sale.  I managed to score 2 wine glasses (many of ours have hit the dust over the past year) and we all had something from The Tailgator’s grill before heading home.  We had an early pizza dinner, then Michael left for his 3rd performance, while Inez and I settled in to watch HARVEY and A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM.  Inez was VERY complimentary about The Devo’s acting chops, and Michael got home in time to watch the end of Forum as well.

I've taken several cute pictures lately...here's 'learning to sleep in my downstairs bed':


Here's 'who is this new person visiting us'? 

And finally 'I think I need to get a little closer and lick her neck': 


In case you haven't already guessed, that's my friend Inez getting her neck licked!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.