Saturday, April 7, 2012

postcards

It was very rainy for most of the day Friday (4/6) and I spent it in the studio…trying to get motivated.  I think I’m a little craft-ed out and I just need to take a break from knitting and quilting and weaving for a bit.

I think I can finally write about one of my secret projects, because I believe they have all been delivered.  I have wanted to make fabric postcards for at least 2 years!!  I finally talked to some people at my Thursday quilt group and picked their brains on everything I had to do…and I was ready to go.  I got 10 postcards made, then gave them to Michael for further embellishments (gluing bunnies and things on them).  I thought of a few other people I should send to, so made 4 more.  The ‘4 more’ went much faster than the original 10 because I thought of a few things to make them easier along the way.  It really was a fun time, but the best part was hearing of the delightful surprise from the people who received them (although one friend immediately said ‘you have WAY too much time on your hands’!  Here’s a pic of a few fronts and backs:

 


 Michael and I got cleaned up at dinner and dropped Cookie off at grammy Jan’s before heading off to the theatre to see CLYBOURNE PARK (which will also open on Broadway in about a week).  It was a play about race, and it was really very good.  We were home by 11:30 and dropped exhausted into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.