Wednesday, April 18, 2012

There was one thing over the weekend at the Natalie Cole concert I forgot to mention.  When we went to the Michael Jackson tribute concert about a month ago, I wore one of those ruffle-y scarves.  A woman sitting behind me noticed it and complimented me on it.  I gave my standard reply ‘thank you, I make them and sell them”.  She asked what I was selling them for….I said $25.  It’s a good thing she was already sitting down because she was flabbergasted.  She had seen them in Asheville and fell in love with them, but they were $75 a piece.  I gave her my email, and she eventually wrote and I sent her pictures and she ordered 4 scarves.  We were both going to the Natalie Cole concert, so we talked about meeting there to exchange the scarves.  I sent her an email 2 days before the concert to tell her that they were done and that I was bringing them, and I suggested a place we could meet.  She never did show up for the meeting, and she was no longer seated behind us, so I just figured I would email her after the weekend and mail them to her.  At intermission she came by our seats….she hadn’t seen the email….was thrilled to know that I had them there…went to the ATM and took out a hundred bucks  and viola!  Now I’ve received another email from her…she wants 2 more…and also asked if I could make her a coat like my chenille one!!!!  I wrote back to tell her the cost would be pretty prohibitive (since you buy 5 TIMES the amount of fabric you would normally buy because the whole thing is layered), but I think she is still interested.  We will see…I would actually like to make a chenille jacket again….it was fun, as long as I made the cuts in the coat a little at a time…..it really bothered my hands.
 
Anyway, Tuesday morning (4/17) we went with Jan to help her buy a golf cart.  She ended up with a spiffy black one, with a white racing stripe and white seats.  Once I was home, I started doing stuff around the house and never did make it to knitting club.  Michael brought home pizza for dinner and we both watched TV in the evening.  I finished off the body of my sweater and got picked up for the sleeves

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful story, I'm glad you took the time to tell it...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.