Sunday, April 8, 2012

starting seeds, garden flowers

Saturday morning (4/7) Michael left early for golf (eventually coming home with an 85) and after my walk with Beth I started to get ready for my luncheon guests.  Luckily before I got very far, I got a phone call letting me know that no one could make it.  There was a death in the family and everyone would be going to the funeral.  I spent the morning in the studio working on things, and spent the afternoon getting a bunch of seeds planted (I'm weeks behind, but at least they are finally out there):



Neither Michael not I really remember having a lot of yellow iris in the front of the house…but they have been up for a week and look really nice:


 If you look really closely at the second picture, you can also see our first rose bloom, right beside the tallest iris. 

Michael spent the afternoon and early evening watching The Masters, and I spent the time knitting on a sweater.

1 comment:

  1. How pretty!! After an early burst of spring, it cooled off up in CT and besides daffodils, everything else is proceeding verry cautiously. It's so nice to see flowers...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.