Friday, April 20, 2012

Cookie & Elsie, garden iris


Sorry, the posts have been a little scant of late…I have a friend in trouble.  My friend Jan’s hubby has been in the hospital since the wee hours of last Monday morning, with bleeding from an unknown source.  They ran all kinds of tests, finally transferred him to the bigger hospital downtown, still nothing.  Today he is swallowing a camera for more exploration of the problem.  He has not had ANY food (and very little water) since last Sunday!!!!  He was very disoriented on Wednesday, but by the time I saw him yesterday, he was back to his old self.  Jan’s son has also been in the hospital for 10 days.  They thought he had a stroke…then thought he had a blood clot…he has survived brain surgery to take out a piece of his skull to help with the swelling of his brain.  Just last night they decided that maybe it wasn’t a clot after all, but some kind of infection.  An infectious disease doctor is supposed to be seeing him today.  Jan’s been stopping by here on her way home from the hospital to have dinner with us…but she’s really just in a holding pattern right now.  I have another friend with a very bad pinched nerve, who also just fell and sprained her ankle, PLUS she developed a cold that has turned into bronchitis!!  I took a bunch of meals over to her and those seemed to go over well.  I hope to make a couple more soups and get them over there today.  Other than trying to support my friends…and cook for them…and work on a secret project J  I haven’t been doing much.  I am really looking forward to the visit from my friend Inez…she gets here on Monday.  She’ll stay for a week…then I’ll have one day to pack…then it’s off to retreat with the CT crew.  Michael's also been taking a lot of pictures lately that I've finally had a chance to load and post:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.