Tuesday, January 12, 2016

waffles, feather jelly roll strata, disappearing 4-patch loaded, new card from Michael, variegated stitching




I thought my honey deserved a treat Tuesday morning (1/12) since he won’t be able to eat breakfast on Wednesday, so I made a new pecan whole wheat waffle recipe.  




 It turned out very well, and of course our new waffle iron worked like a champ.  We cleaned up after breakfast and really didn’t get downstairs until around 11 AM.  I finally got the first jelly roll all sewed together into 2 sets of strata….isn’t it beautiful?   













Since I was at a good stopping point, I decided to drop back and load up a quilt.   
I ended up not going to Stitch & Chat today because Joanne is away on vacation…and it’s usually hard for me to talk myself into going when she’s not there….PLUS, I will be out all day Wednesday getting no sewing done…so I decided to treat myself today :~).  Michael has been using the new pens he got for Christmas and completed a new card:  


 I got several rows of quilting done on the disappearing 4 –patch.  I know normally I like the quilting to disappear into the quilt…but in this case I really wanted the variegated thread to stand out…I already love how it looks.    















 Michael left just after 6 PM to pick up Larry…they went to the movies to see REVENANT.  It was a long movie, so he didn’t get home until late.  He took a shower with the prescribed anti-bacterial soap (and will take another one Wednesday morning before we leave) and we went straight to bed.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.... the strata fabric !!! mjnct

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.