Tuesday, January 19, 2016

thread racks, customer quilt



Michael was up early on Monday (1/18) to get ready for his breakfast date :~).  Since he can’t golf for 6 weeks, the guys decided to go out to breakfast….at least for this week.  They picked him up at 9AM and headed off to STACKS.    I putzed around in the kitchen in the morning and got Italian Wedding Soup in the crockpot before finally heading downstairs.  I spent a bit of time messing around with my thread racks.  I took all of my serger thread and put it in a clear plastic bag, to be stored in the closet with my serger…then moved my regular sewing thread closer to my sewing machine, then moved one rack and put up the new one.  
regular sewing thread on left

quilting thread out of drawer



 One is pretty empty right now, but I’ve ordered new colors from Connecting Threads and that second rack will soon be full.  After that, I worked on the program for the new quilt.  The quilt will be in one of the guild shows in the future, so I want to quilt it a bit denser than I normally do…since that’s one of the things the judges will be looking for.  I only got one row of quilting done before it was time to leave for Machine Embroidery Club.  We had a good meeting and lots of beautiful show and tell…some of these women think of the nicest things to embroider!  When I got home, I had a chance to do 2 more quilting rows before dinner.   

We took a big container of soup over to Jim & Ann Mary’s before settling down with ours...it was totally yummy....definitely one of my favorite soups.  We left at 6 PM and picked up another SCCL resident before heading out to Monroe to audition for a play (called LOVE LETTERS).  It’s just 2 people reading a bunch of letters they’ve written over the course of their lives.  The audition took FOREVER, and when we got home at 9:30 we just turned on the fire and read our books until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.