Friday, January 29, 2016

Twix bar cookies



I hopped up early to try to get my twix bar cookies done for quilting on Thursday (1/28).  I got the caramel layer on them and it set up in the fridge for an hour, and I got the chocolate layered on top of that, but by then it was time to go, so I left them in the fridge setting up.  As usual, I had a blast at quilting…we had lots of people doing lots of fun things.  By the time I got home I had about 10 minutes to make a couple of phone calls before heading up to get my hair done.  And by the time I got home from that, it was time to cut up the cookies into batches 

















for Gale & Phil, Jan & Walt and Pat & George before heading over to pick up Gale & Phil and head out to 521 BBQ for dinner.  We just beat the rush, so that was very nice, and we got 4 plates of ribs and one pork chop plate.  Jan asked us to pick up 2 rib trays for take out, and we dropped them off (along with the cookies) on our way home.  We had a few of the twix cookies when we got home and we both agreed that they needed a thicker caramel layer...but they tasted great!  After that we just relaxed and watched a bit of TV before bed.  Good thing I got some sewing done at quilting because I feel like I’m not getting ANY done at home  :~(.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.