Saturday, January 23, 2016

thread racks, new bargello



***Well…I don’t know what happened with my blogging website.  Although I have been posting every day for the last 3 days…nothing was sent out, then yesterday all 3 came at once on one email….oh well…now you should all be caught up :~)***

What an awful day weather-wise Friday (1/22) turned out to be…rainy/sleety/snowy.  Luckily for me I got to stay home and putz in my studio all day :~).  I got 35 new spools of quilting thread yesterday (I ordered from Connecting Threads and their service was super fast!) and I spent some time listing all of them in my spreadsheet and getting them up on the wall.  
the double rack in the middle is my quilting thread

here's all of my thread except for the serger which has been put away































I still have room for additional colors, but am nervous about the placement of the rack.  I put it up in the only place I thought I had…but am afraid that as I sit and sew I will constantly be hitting it with my chair…we will see.  Then, I tried to order 2 new quilting designs for Miss Scarlett off of the internet, but the server would not accept my credit card info…they were having some kind of problem.  I finally decided to iron and sew together my 2 stratas…and at least that went well.  I went from this:   

 to this:  


 so I have 1/2 of a new quilt done (it should be about 72'' by 72 '' when finished) and now need to open the second jelly roll and get moving on the other 1/2.  But first…I started a secret project I’ve been wanting to make for a couple of weeks now….don’t worry, you won’t have to wait very many days to see it if it works out :~).  Michael got a movie from REDBOX and so he made popcorn in the early afternoon when he wanted to watch it…so that was my lunch too.  I had a few cheese and crackers in the late afternoon….so I wasn’t hungry for dinner and ended up sewing until 8 PM.  Hopefully this project will be done on Saturday :~).  I headed upstairs then and knit for the rest of the evening while watching TV with my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.