Monday, January 11, 2016

new jelly roll, salad for lunch, cheesy garlic bread sticks



Early Saturday morning (1/9), Michael left to help with the move of Fort Mill Community Playhouse from their old home on Banks Street to their new, temporary lodgings on Main Street.  I was supposed to help, but of course I was in no condition to go.  I spent the day reading and sleeping.  I finished another (one day read) book: OUR SOULS AT NIGHT by Kent Haruf.  The writing style was very unique and makes me want to check out his other books.  If you read this one, please let me know if you agree with my summation: unique premise, brave woman, sad/idiot son.  Saturday night Michael made popcorn and we watched MINIONS (from the library)….a thoroughly silly, fun, delightful film.

*************

HURRAH…HURRAH…Sunday morning (1/10) I actually felt like sewing  :~)…first time in days I even thought about it.  I had laid out a jelly roll last Wednesday night and got it all numbered to keep it in order…and that was the end of that.  I bought 2 jelly rolls last year in Connecticut and hadn't done anything with them.  Since we're coming up on a year....and I'm going to CT again in February, I thought I'd better get busy. 


 I spent about an hour Sunday morning starting to sew those strips together into strata for a new and different bargello.  I sewed until NOON and it was wonderful.  Michael left for golf and Debbie (teacher at Clinton School) stopped by shortly afterwards for 1/2 an hour and we talked and I gave her the last 6 quilts I made for last year (we didn’t get a chance to connect before Christmas break).  By then I was finally hungry and made one of my favorite, but rare, lunches.  

spinach

with feta, usually I put in a handful of craisens, but the feta already had them as a coating

toss with Italian dressing and sprinkle my sugared pecans on top...yum!

 After that I made up 60 CHEESY GARLIC BREAD STICKS for my demo at Cooking Fingers on Monday (I'll made the last 20 as part of the demo)

 
pillsbury pizza dough spread on greased cookie sheet

brushed with melted garlic butter

sprinkled with mozzarella/parmesan

cover with Italian seasoning


first 2 pans done.....WOW...yum!





By then it was late afternoon and I was pooped.  I tried to take a nap, but wasn’t very successful….at least I got some rest.  I vegged on the couch in the evening while knitting and watching TV with my honey.

BTW – I also finished another book (this is what I do when I don’t feel well…drink hot drinks and read and sleep) called DESCENT by Time Johnston.  OMgoodness…what a read!!!!  Another family driven story that you shouldn’t start reading until you have nothing else to do because you won’t be able to put it down

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.