Monday, January 4, 2016

new waffle maker, reading quilt done, bargello quilt done



Michael got bacon started early 

 and then wee used the new waffle maker Sunday morning (1/3).   


The waffles certainly seem larger than our old ones…not larger around but thicker…and they also seem hotter, and to retain their heat better than our old ones….all in all they were terrific!   
here's all that were left!

 I left Michael to clean up the mess in the kitchen (he is a honey) and returned to my studio, determined to finish the 2 quilts.  By dinnertime I had the bindings done and took them upstairs to stitch down the labels while watching TV.  

Barb M made these embroideries



  I LOVE both of them, but the bargello is really pretty…even Michael thought so and is a tiny bit sad they will be given away. 





 Maybe for that one I should try to sell it and donate the $$$ instead??  I’ll have to think about that.  When I finished stitching down the labels, I dropped back to knitting…thank goodness my honey is willing to give me hand massages when my hands cramp up :~)

1 comment:

  1. I vote for selling the bargello. Don't think the kids would appreciate the amount of work and style it represents.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.