Wednesday, January 20, 2016

amaryllis bulb



Thank goodness my honey scrubbed up 2 pounds of potatoes for me on Tuesday morning (1/19) so that I could get potato soup in the crockpot before Jan picked me up at 9 AM.  We headed to the chiro (Jan has been having a lot of problems with big time pain her back…apparently she has a bulging disk, plus it is pressing on a nerve).  After that we headed to WALMART (I bought food for the second round of Cooking Fingers Club next Monday) and then to the MELLOW MUSHROOM for a Classic White Pizza before hitting the library and then home.  I barely had time to say hi to my honey before it was time to leave for his foot doctor appointment.  We did several errands along the way and got home around 3:30.  I finally saw Doug (Paula’s hubby) on the street and stopped to offer him some soup for dinner (Paula is in California visiting her sister).  But Paula (good cook and wife that she is) already loaded him up with food, so I gave a quart to Anne & Bryce instead.  Michael had Italian Wedding Soup for dinner again, and I had the cheesy potato soup…OMgosh…it was SO GOOD!!!  And so easy…I had 2 bowls and wanted another one :~).  I called Jan to offer IWS or the cheesy potato, and she picked the Italian Wedding Soup, so Michael ran that over to her.  He wanted to watch the last 2 episodes of “Making a Murderer,” a ten-episode Netflix documentary that examines the 2007 conviction of a Wisconsin man named Steven Avery, so I continued to quilt…and now have 8 of 14 rows done (it is certainly taking a lo-o-ong time!)

By the way….our amaryllis bulb from Paula is finally taking off:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.