Friday, December 25, 2015

Cookie, disappearing 4 patch, tree/presents, tutorial on Killer Pecan Sticky Buns, present from Pat W



Although it was a wet and muddy mess (big and scary sounding thunder overnight!), Michael went golfing at SCCL on Thursday (12/24) morning…after all, it was 70 degrees when I got up at 7:30!!  I headed to my studio to continue working on the disappearing 4 patch quilt.  I had company for most of the day when I was working…and believe me that was very unusual!   

 I worked on the disappearing 4 patch all day, and by the time Michael came home from golf (the 4-some went to a friend’s house after golf for a little Christmas cheer and munchies...and maybe also to celebrate....Michael shot an 80!!) the top was almost done. 
sewing.....

sewing....


That's the good news...the bad news is that I am totally out of my second bolt of black!!  I hope they have more at the FOUST sale in February.  We finished up wrapping our presents 

 and while Michael made puffy things for dinner, I settled in to make 2 pans of KILLER PECAN STICKY BUNS….a beloved recipe originally given to me by my friend Ginny.   

 
the dough's been rising for an hour...time to get it rolled out

scatter almost 1/2 a pound of pecans in the greased pan

spread the butter/brown sugar/cinnamon mixture on the dough

scatter brandy soaked apricots (none of those skucky rainsins for me!)

roll it up, nice and tight

heat up the brown sugar & honey and pour over the pecans
















































































Then just slice up the roll and place the pieces in the pan and pop it into the fridge overnight.  We gave one pan to our neighbors Ann Mary & Jim, and finally settled down to watch our first Christmas movie WALL-E.  It was a wonderful Christmas Eve.

Remember I told you about the Christmas gift from Pat?  Here it is...a pack up needles (desperately needed as my old ones are either bent or rusted) and a beautiful seam ripper (with 2 different sized blades) made by the woodworkers:








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.