Friday, December 11, 2015

Brie bites, last dino quilt loaded



When I was buying supplies for my appetizers for the Scrap Happy Christmas party last week, I bought 2 blocks of brie because I didn’t know how much it would take.  Well, it only took one block, and the other block was getting close to the sell by date, so I decided to re-make the appetizers and take them to share at Scrap Happy Quilting on Thursday (12/10).  So, I jumped up early to get them put together.  I used the phyllo dough cups and put a teaspoon of red pepper jelly in each one,: 

 then a cube of brie,: 

then an 1/8 of a teaspoon of brown sugar:  

 Close to NOON, I popped them into the oven for 10 minutes and voila….they were yummy and I got to share them with many of the people at quilting.  Other than that, I got 5 more blocks to the 1/2 way point of my disappearing hourglass before returning home around 2 PM.  I spent a good bit of time redding up the kitchen, living room and bedroom in preparation for my tea on Friday, and also made several runs of one of my teas.  By then Michael was home from golf and we were both beat….so for once we took a nap together in the media room…thank goodness both of our furry kids were willing to settle in with us :~).  Michael made smurfy grilled ham & cheese sandwiches for both of us for dinner, and I got the last dino quilt loaded (within an inch of the one I just finished) 

see that very thin strip of white between the 2 pieces of black?  that's all the room I left between the 2 quilts
before heading upstairs to relax and watch TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.