Wednesday, December 23, 2015

blue "leftovers" quilt is quilted, disappearing 4 patch



Wednesday (12/23) was just a lovely day.  It was rainy, but very warm.  Michael told me I had to stay in the studio for a bit so that he could wrap presents….and that was music to my ears as I had lots I wanted to work on.  I started quilting on the blue leftovers quilt, and by dinnertime, it was done.  
this is a new pattern...I love how intricate it is...
I used varigated blue thread















 
here's the back













While it was quilting, I also got to work on my remaining 2 colors of 4 patches, to turn them into disappearing 4 patches…and those were done by dinner as well. 













  











We had roasted butternut squash with rosemary and sage, tossed with fettuccini for dinner, and afterward Michael came downstairs to lay out my new blocks.  The black really makes them pop…I love how they look.  Michael had a lot of TV he wanted to watch in the evening, so he did that while I stayed downstairs and watched LOVE ACTUALLY…one of my all time favorite movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.