Sunday, January 19, 2014

beginning of tumbling blocks strips


My honey made me an onion, tomato and cheese omelet Saturday morning(1/18), while I finally got caught up on my blog entries.    I spent the afternoon starting to cut fabric for a tumbling blocks wall hanging.  And though I am loath to admit it J, for the first color blocks I am doing the BG/Mary Jo method.  I’m too unsure of what I am doing to cut all of my strips at once, so I’m  just going to make the blue/green cubes and make sure they work before heading on to the other colors.  Michael looked at the 6 colors and helped me to pair them up….so I’m officially on my way.  After I started cutting, I decided I needed some way to keep them all neat, so got out my smurf ladder to corral everything.  For just the blue/green cubes, I need to cut 6 different fabrics:
3 down & 3 to go
 
At 5:30 we picked up Joanne & Larry and headed to Café Monte for a Charlotte Restaurant Week meal.  OMgoodness, our meals were spectacular.  The meal started with 2 Cheese & Charcuterie plates for 2, for appetizers we picked 2 spinach salads (with warm bacon dressing), one French tomato bisque, and one endive salad with green apples/bleu cheese/candied walnuts.  For our entrees we were evenly split between scallops with sundried tomato/asparagus/wild mushroom risotto and a filet mignon with asparagus and crab and roasted potatoes.  The risotto was OUTSTANDING!!  For dessert there was one bread pudding, one crème brulee, and 2 chocolate raspberry mousse cakes.  It really was an excellent meal.  We were home by 8:30 and read for a bit and watched TV before heading to bed.

3 comments:

  1. YAY – the BG/Mary Jo method! BG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE RISOTTO !!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous.... ;) MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE the BG/MaryJo method !!! MJ

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.