Tuesday, January 7, 2014

cranberry bread, roses, Cookie & Elsie a trois, sanwich bread, granola, beff & barley soup


A group of ladies came over Monday morning (1/6) for knitting.  Paula got to my house a bit early and ran around my kitchen helping me to get my dinner in the crockpot before the rest of the crew arrived.  I made 2 cranberry quick breads
 
 
…and Michael ran one over to Sally & Jimmy’s while it was still warm, before taking off to run errands.  We had several lively discussions while knitting and one of the ladies was still here when Michael came home with these:
1-1/2 dozen gorgeous red roses
They are gorgeous and such a wonderful surprise!  I worked a bit in the kitchen in the afternoon…while the first snuggle of 2014 was recorded:
thikning about snuggling in....

I'm going for it!

 
I got sandwich bread made: 
 
and my granola,
 
and we had the bread with the Beef & Barley soup from the crockpot. 
 
 
After dinner we ran 1/2 a loaf of bread, 2 pans of lasagna and 2 quarts of soup over to Sally & Jimmy’s.  Jimmy is not doing well and I don’t want Sally to have to be thinking about making dinner when she wants to spend time with him.  Michael and I watched TV and I knit for the rest of the evening.
*******************************************************
 It was EIGHT degrees when we got up on Tuesday (1/7)…brr_r_r_r.  We had a quick breakfast and took off for the airport, with a stop at Joann’s for some zippers before we got there.  We picked up Jimmy’s sister, who is down from CT for a visit.  We had a nice talk on the way home and were finally home just after NOON.  My honey made us smurfy grilled ham & cheese sandwiches, then I took a quick shower and Joanne picked me up for Stitch & Chat.  It was our first meeting of the year and we had a lively discussion about all sorts of things which made the time just fly by.  I had all sorts of plans for dinner, but succumbed to FIGARO”S 10 buck pizza….and it was yummy.  Michael went to see THE SECRET LLIFE OF WALTER MITTY at the movies and I knit and watched JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH with James Mason (who I always thought was really cute) and Pat Boone.  Michael was home around 10 and we watched a video of my friend THE STAR…..BG from the morning news program in CT (if you didn’t see it, leave me a comment and I’ll send you the link…she was FABULOUS!!!)and then headed to bed around 11.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see your friend's video. Please send me a link.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.