Monday, January 6, 2014

flip flop purse


It was more than twice as warm Sunday (1/5) morning at 34 degrees and rainy.  I got up early and finally finished the last available book in the Armand Gamache series by Louise Penny called HOW THE LIGHT GETS IN.  Once again, I would urge you to read the series starting with STILL LIFE.  She is a gifted writer who fully develops her characters and makes you really care about them.  I can hardly wait for the next book….but I’m sure it’s going to be awhile, since the one I finished just came out in 2013.  Michael ran to the grocery store for me after breakfast, then we both settled into our studios downstairs….him to paint and me to sew.  I snapped off a needle at the end of the night last night and couldn’t find the tip.  So I took apart a lot of my bobbin area looking for it (leaving it in the bobbin case is a SURE way to really break your machine).  Anyway, I couldn’t find it and tried to put machine back together this morning.  Now, when I have to take something apart, I lay out the pieces in the order I took them out…to help me get them back together.  Even though I did that…it took about 1/2 an hour to get everything back together…but at least I was sure the tip of the needle wasn’t in my machine.  I finished another flip flop by late afternoon,
 
and Michael and I had salad, fish and baked potatoes for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.