Friday, January 24, 2014


Jan picked me up for quilting on Thursday (1/23) and she worked on a green quilt while there and I alternated helping Willa a tiny bit to baste her HUGE quilt, and knitting.  We were home around 1 and after a bit of time reading many of my cooking blogs, I settled down to work.  I have numerous papers on my desk that I can’t file because my file drawers are too full!!!  So, I started the purge…it wasn’t all bad…I found an envelope with many letters from my mom & dad, and spent some time reading them.  In the end, in about an hour and a half I had cleaned out and thrown away or recycled 1/2 of the papers in the drawer!!!  Tomorrow I hope to get all of the new stuff filed. 
Michael and I met Jan & Walt & Mark at the golf club for dinner at 6 PM.  Jan and I had the shrimp & grits (this version is in my top 5 meals ever eaten!), Michael had eggplant parmesan, Mark had a blackened salmon wrap and Walt had salmon cooked on a plank.  Jan invited us back to the house for her famous rum cake for dessert…and it was yummy!  After that, it was home to TV watching and knitting.

1 comment:

  1. It's a true connoisseur who can name her top 5 meals ever eaten. Not sure I could name one... although I surely have lots of food that I really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.