Saturday, January 4, 2014


We seemed to have a lot going on Friday(1/3).  The furnace guy showed up (for our semi-annual furnace check) at 8 AM.  Earl & Claudia showed up at 10 to go over the equipment in SCCL that gets loaned out.  I have been maintaining a list of equipment that people have in their homes that they are willing to loan out for about 5 years.  When someone needs something ( for example a walker, or wheelchair or crutches), they call me and I send them a list of everyone who has that particular item.  Since I am now a co-president of Volunteers, I decided I needed to get rid of some of my other responsibilities…so Earl and Claudia agreed to take it over.  Our meeting lasted just under an hour, and I got to read my book for a bit before heading to the foot doctor’s.  My plantar fasciitis (still going strong after 9 years…although it does ebb and flow) has decided to concentrate ALL of the pain into one, nickel sized spot on my right heel.  It really hurts when I walk, and when I am sitting it pulses in time with my heart.  I waited 2 weeks (my usual ‘maybe it will go away’) and finally broke down and called the doctor.  I went and got FOUR shots in my heel…let me tell you it was NOT what you’d call a pleasurable experience.  I just kept telling myself ‘2 minutes of extreme pain for maybe a month of no pain…TOTALLY worth it!)  By the time I got home it was time to bake a loaf of artisan bread (now why didn’t I take a picture of it because it was GORGEOUS!!) and head over to Loree & Reg’s.  Reg made jambalaya for dinner and along with the bread it was great.  Loree had the perfect amount of a chocolate mousse cake for dessert, then we settled in to play games.  We showed them the LCR game that Debra & John showed us, then they wanted a refresher on SCREWED and GOLF.  It was a wonderful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.