Monday, April 20, 2020

XENA, halushkis, 2 new quilts off of the frame, jalapenos, ranger cookies


As promised.....here's the big reveal....my new longarm is 1 year old today (4/20)!!!!  She has been named for awhile, but I never posted about it because I didn't have a nameplate done....well, wonder no more:


Michael and I settled on this name ages ago, as she was going to slash her way through all of the quilt tops I have stored in the guest bedroom.  Well, I didn't quite make it through all of those, but I have quilted 82 quilts this past year.  I think that is amazing considering I was working on my own learning curve during that time, as well as training Kristin, who bought my old longarm.  Please welcome XENA!!!!

My honey cleaned up the kitchen Sunday morning (4/19) while I measured out ingredients for later-in-the-day baking.  We had breakfast together, then he started to put together halushkis for our dinner:  







always patiently waiting for any scraps








Once I got everything set out in bowls for later baking, I headed to my studio to continue quilting.  By dinnertime the quilting was done on my purple quilt: 


and I worked on burying my bobbin ends and ripping out the basting on the 2 quilts.  By the time I headed upstairs for the evening, they were on the to-be-bound pile:  



And I made 4 more masks after a couple of neighbors asked for them!

When I headed upstairs, I finally got to make some stuffed jalapeno poppers that Paula has fed to me several times:  




I did not clean out the seeds and veins as completely as Paula does, so some of them were quite spicy….that was excellent :~).  

And while those were baking, I mixed up and then baked some Ranger cookies for my honey:  

these had coconut, oatmeal, chocolate, rice krispies and a bunch of other stuff!

And I have to share this picture, these are only a portion of the ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY masks that BG made for all and sundry:





1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.