Tuesday, April 21, 2020

retreat with Judy


Michael’s golf was cancelled due to rain on Monday (4/21), so he spent the 

day getting caught up on his emails, reading about friends on 

Facebook and working on a new computer golf program.  

Judy (friend and Thursday quilter) was feeling rather isolated, so we had a retreat day:  

washing hands when she arrived

getting set-up


making a new friend





working


She worked on an incredible paper pieced elephant:  




while I got through several yucky things that needed to be done…first up, 17 yards of binding for the recently finished quilts:  



Then I finally got the second border on the second men’s quilt: 


And after that I started to sew the blocks together into rows from the first (of 3) new pattern QoV.  

We had visitors while we were sewing:







Judy left around 2 PM and I read my book for quite awhile before making a small pizza for dinner…Michael had a ham & pickle sandwich (other people call it ham salad) that I had made that afternoon for dinner .  

He wanted to watch MIDNIGHT COWBOY (for me a thoroughly depressing movie, but for him, a classic), so I headed to the studio and got another quilt loaded up on Xena:  



When I came upstairs, Michael asked me where the dog was because she hadn't been bothering him....turns out she had knocked down the back pillow of my chair and was perfectly content on her 'princess and the ped' bed:



Both Democratic and Republican governors are stating that Trump is lying about what is available for COVID-19 testing (no surprise here).  For the full article, see 


1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.