Wednesday, April 29, 2020

scones, feather quilt, new mask proto-type!!


Tuesday morning (4/28) I made white chocolate/raspberry scones:


before heading out to the chiro, ALDI’s (there was plenty of toilet paper, paper towels and paper napkins if anyone needs them) and Publix.  I was finally home by 11 AM and had a small bit of breakfast before heading to my studio.  

Since my feather block rows were strung over XENA, my first task was to sew them all together.  That took quite awhile, but it was finally done:  



I just need a 3’’ black border all the way around and this top will be done.  

I even had enough blocks left for the beginning/inside of a new Prayer's & Squares quilt:



Michael and I headed to the Lake House at 2 PM....the Maryland Crab Truck was there, so we decided to get crab sandwiches for a late lunch and have a light dinner (we split one of those small bags of chips):


**********  So, remember that quiche I made over the weekend?  I meant to tell you that Michael said “that quiche looked REALLY good….EXCEPT for the onions…..and the sausage….and the asparagus’’!!!  Needless to say, he didn’t eat any of it  :~).  *****************  

After my feather rows were finished, I started on new mask production.  I had an idea for something and Michael went shopping for birdseed, dog food and proto-type materials for the mask and the rest of the afternoon (until 7:30 PM) was spent on a new mask.  There is a lot of hand sewing, but I LOVE this idea:  





Easier to put on and take off than tie mask....and didn't interfere with my eyes so much (although I would never drive with either mask on).  I'm going to make a few more.

We decided we should have movie night, so Michael made popcorn for dinner and we settled in to watch FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.  Unfortunately, an hour into it our disc went completely wonky  :~(.  So we ended the evening with a couple of episodes of AS TIME GOES BY…..the perfect ending.  

And I had 3 masks hand sewn before bed....they are really doing a job on my hands, but my friend Susie was right.  I put aside my 'big horse needle' that I thought I would need to get through the vinyl, and instead used a smaller needle....MUCH easier.....thanks Susie!!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your new masks. I hate to wear them as I can't breath very well with them. Pattern Please Please

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.