Saturday, April 18, 2020

gas housers, day #2 of retreat, purple quilt loaded


Since the bread was VERY fresh, my honey had gas housers for breakfast on Friday (4/18):


Paula came down just after 9 AM for day #2 of our weekly retreat:





Michael had a late tee time, so Cookie bonded with him a bit in the morning before he left:  




Fortunately I was able to get more fabric cut Thursday night, so I worked on new blocks all day:  

BG - recognize this fabric?

do you still have some???



By the time Paula was ready for actual sewing, Michael had left for golf, and her faithful companion was back:





Cookie finally scooted back to her normal napping place:

the back of dad's chair

Paula left around 3 PM and my honey came home 7 minutes later (and had a piece of cinnamon bread Paula  :~).  We read for a bit and then were both tired and decided to take a nap…Michael out on the lanair and me in the living room.  I closed my eyes for literally 2 minutes and somehow got an actual jolt of energy, so I headed downstairs and got my second quilt loaded up and basted on the purple backing:  



By then it was kind of late and my honey made a grilled ham & cheese sandwich for dinner (which we split) before watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.