Thursday, April 23, 2020

social distance fiber group, Inez paintings


Michael was up and out just after 8 AM on Wednesday (4/22) for golfing here at SCCL.  By the time he left, I had figured out what I did wrong on my quilt, and what I had to do in order to ‘trick’ my machine into stitching out where I wanted it to :~).  

I SKYPE’d with Janice for over an hour in the morning, but instead of being downstairs I stayed up in the kitchen.  I guess Cookie wanted to be closer to me, so she came out and snuggled into her bed:



I headed back to the studio after that and was done quilting by the time I left at 1 PM:  

with barely an inch to spare on my backing!!!

When I was pulling together a knitting project to take with me, I came to the end of an era....I finally retired one of my knitting bags:



When I made this tote, it was so beautiful, but it has certainly taken a beating and fading over the years and it was time to retire it!

I had a lovely time social distance knitting while Pam was social distance repairing an oriental rug: 



and Rosali was social distance plying yarn on her spinning wheel:  


We sat out on Rosalie’s patio and talked about everything under the sun!!!  

I was home by 5 PM, had a leftover piece of pizza (courtesy of Michael) for dinner, and relaxed with my honey afterwards.

My Florida friend Inez has been busy painting away....she is creating a painting for each 'season' to use as her profile pic in FB.....here are some recent finishes:






Isn't she very talented????

3 comments:

  1. Great pics by INEZ .... so cute! Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inez's art work is beautiful! So whimsical! Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inez's sketches are darling. Does she paint on fabric? I would love to embellish those.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.