Saturday, April 11, 2020

The Big Revel continues (5), Paula's baby quilt top finished, all blocks finished for new QoV


I can't believe I have not gotten any comments/emails on this beautiful scrap quilt from Janice:






Michael had a tee off time of 7:15 on Friday (4/10), so like a good wife I hopped up at 6:30 to make him 2 breakfast sandwiches to take to eat on the course.  

I crawled back into bed after that…getting up in time to run my emails and get my blog out before Paula arrived for our weekly 2 day retreat:  



her baby quilt top is all finished!

We had company while we were sewing as well:





Lucy


And Linda M stopped by to drop off liter soda bottles for the Lancaster Children's Home.

I do not know how many topics of conversation Paula and I covered…..but it had to be at least a hundred!!!!  We sewed until almost 4 PM, with a stop at lunch for HABIT BURGER take out with Paula’s dark cherry mousse for dessert…YUM!  Both of our hubbies were home by lunch time (Michael shot an 81 with 2 birdies), so we picked up lunch for them as well.  

Michael and I had soup for dinner…and I made popovers:  

THANK YOU Ginny for the popover tins!



These are Michael’s favorite and I swear I didn’t make them all winter  
:~(.  I didn’t think they really went with Mexican Chicken Soup (which is what I had in the freezer….and I usually serve with cornbread), but he didn’t care….he moaned the whole way through eating them...and I must admit, they were yummy!!!  AND.....so easy peasy it's ridiculous!

Paula brought a bag of quilting magazines with her when she came in the morning and I spent a very pleasant couple of hours looking through all of them before heading downstairs…anxious to  put up on the design wall all of the new blocks I finished today:  








I did a little bit more organizing downstairs before heading up to snuggle with my honey.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I've been waiting for the final reveal of Janice's quilt. All the little pieces what size are her HST'S. It is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so is yours. got another 98 masks cut and ready for the production line. I think I will still have to make more ties but I am waiting till I run out of what I have before I start cutting more. Did get my teacup quilt on the design wall to marinate and figure out the layout as they are all different sizes. Will email you a picof what I have. Not sure what sort of a filler I am going to use or how big it is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice's quilt is out of scraps - and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, la, la. I love the new patriotic. Can I make a layout suggestion? Switch a few of the reds around so the print and solid look like they are forming a lattice pattern...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.