Saturday, April 4, 2020

another retreat day


Michael was up at 6 AM for golfing here at SCCL and I was up at 7 AM on Friday (4/3) to get stuff cut for another 2 day retreat with Paula.  By 8 AM I had cut my last two 2-3/4 inch strips into triangles, so that means in total, I have cut 8 yards of fabric into those triangles!!!  I spent the time from 8 – 9 putting together a quiche for our brunch:  

broccoli, just nuked for 2-1/2 minutes

onions, diced fine

swiss cheese

sausage

yum!!

Paula arrived after 9 AM and we settled into sewing.  She is working on another QoV: 




while I am still working on my one block wonder blocks.  So…it occurred to me that the non-quilters have no idea what these blocks look like, so I took lots of pictures.  You start out with 6 triangle that look like this:  


and end of with a block that looks like this:  


Here are a bunch of other blocks I got done today:  











My honey came home around 1 PM and Paula hit a good stopping point after that: 



so she headed home for the day and I changed clothes and got ready to fit in my bike ride.  

Now, I have to tell you…it is hard enough for me to come up with the motivation to eat more healthy or get more exercise…I don’t need additional road blocks thrown in my path.  When I wanted to start bike riding 2 weeks ago, of course my tires were flat.  Michael blew them up for me, but they wouldn’t stay filled, so a friend of his came over and put a new tube in my front tire.  That lasted for 8 rides, but when I went to the garage again today, the tire was flat!  Michael came out and blew it up again…and luckily it lasted until I was almost home before it collapsed again  :~(.  I think I’m going to have to take it to a bike shop…and I’m not sure any are open these days….I am bummed!  

We got to SKYPE with AJ in the late afternoon and watched the family put together no bake cookies for their dessert.  I was really kind of pooped after that and just putzed around for the rest of the evening!  

Hooray for Paula, Loree, BG,  Mary Jo and Barb W who all guessed:  



CHICKEN POT PIE!!!     DING_DING_DING we have 5 winners….no more calls please  :~).  Aren't you glad you went back and took a second look at this cute T???  (And in the comments I got another group of winners: Leila, Michael, June and Jan!!)

And have you heard the phrase ‘everything you need to know…you learned from MASH’????  Well – apropos to our current crisis…here you go: https://youtu.be/L5CNHDeF2xA

I don’t know how many of you watch the daily virus briefings on MSNBC….but is that really the guy you want running your life for the next 4 years?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.