Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Elsie & Cookie, pot pie supper



Brrr-r-r-r, 27 degrees again when we got up on Monday (1/21), but by the time Rose picked me up for our volunteer meeting it was in the 40’s and very warm in the sun.  Michael went golfing at a chi-chi place in Ballentyne, and came home around 3:30 with an 85 (he was very pleased).  I got home from volunteers around 12:30 and spent several hours cutting new strips for my flip and sew Christmas runner…while another 2 snuggled up on the couch again:


I think I’ve settled on what pattern I’m doing for the mystery project also….but am waiting to start until I get Nancy’s opinion on Tuesday morning.  I made a new recipe…kind of a chicken pot pie thing with a cheesy biscuit crust for dinner:



and Michael and I spent 2 hours Monday night up at square dancing.

Tuesday (1/22) was a busy, but fun day from beginning to end.  Nancy came in the morning for a visit and we talked non-stop for 2-1/2 hours!  She has started some new things in her life and I had a million questions.  Plus, she looked at my mystery quilt fabric and using my ruby beholder helped me to determine that my medium tone fabric is really the same tone as my light fabric  L.  She also looked at my new mystery project and totally approved what I had finally settled on doing…I feel much better with her input.  Once she left I went into a whirlwind of activity to get Italian Wedding soup in the crockpot, and dough into buns and into pans for rising.  Michael took me up to knitting just 1/2 an hour late, and after a nice 1-1/2 hours of conversation and knitting, Joanne brought me home.  I put together cookie dough and was ready to meet our guests (Jan and Walt and Nancy and Larry) by 6.  Everyone enjoyed the soup and rolls and cookies and the men headed downstairs for pool while the women stayed upstairs, talking and knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.