Sunday, January 13, 2013

finished baby quilt



Michael left early for golf on Saturday (1/12) and after cleaning up the kitchen, I got to the studio and FINALLY finished the baby quilt:

I can’t wait to take it over and drop it off at my doctor’s office.   

Beth stopped by for a bit of knitting help, then I got a call and headed off to pick up some quilts.  I have a number of charity quilts that someone offered to quilt for me….she ran into a patch of bad luck with her machine and wasn’t able to do them, so I went to pick them up.  I’m going to have to try to do them myself….believe me…quilting anything larger than a table runner is NOT my strong suit.  Anyway, once home I continued work on the Christmas quilt I started on Thursday.  Michael got home around 3 with an 83, and he got to play with the dog for just a bit before we both got cleaned up and left to pick up Jan and Walt.  We had dinner at Ruby Tuesday and headed into Charlotte for the symphony.  It was a salute to ‘the day the music died’ with a Buddy Holly tribute singer, a Richie Valens tribute singer and the son of the Big Bopper, Jay Richardson Jr.  They definitely looked the part and the singing and guitar work were outstanding.  It was a long concert and we weren’t home until after 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.