Friday, January 11, 2013

Elsie & Cookie, quilt label



 
****  I was so excited yesterday about the fact that pictures in my blog actually worked, that I neglected to mention that was totally due to my friend NANCY…who found some sort of ‘help’ discussion board which indicated a potential way around the problem.  I’m crossing my fingers that this will work for more than a day or 2 (like the last one). *****


Thursday morning (1/10) I dropped off a pasta dish and a quart of soup to a woman who recently broke her leg.  She lives right around the corner from me and was very grateful to have several dinners taken care of  J.  I headed on over to pick up Jan and then we headed to quilting….it was a ZOO!!  Scrap Happy Quilters decided on the second Thursday of the month, we would break into small groups to work on a variety of things.  Some people are doing Christmas quilts (I’m in that group), some are doing a house quilt (Jan’s in that group), some UFO’s, some a snowmen quilt and a mystery quilt (Jan and I are both doing that one).  Today was the kickoff and everyone seemed very excited and happy about what they were working on.  I did paperwork when I got home in the afternoon, and towards dinnertime while Michael was napping (I’ve been making him take a long soak and a nap every afternoon, trying to get over his cold) I started to work on the binding and label for my quilt.  I had company of a sort while I was working:









I’ve never seen them actually sleeping ON each other….it was terrific.  



 I got the label stitched out and stitched on:

and all of the binding put on the wrong side of the quilt.  Hope to finish it on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Catherine LombardozziJanuary 11, 2013 at 3:04 PM

    The pictures of Cookie and the cat (I'm ashamed to say I have no idea what your cat's name is) are just charming, and they make me laugh every time. This last one with them cuddled around each other was the best! I'm glad your new year is off to a good start. I hope Michael feels better - I've been a week recovering from a week of bad head cold, too - it just doesn't want to go away, so I know a bit how he feels. Naps are the best medicine - wish I could take more of them! Happy new year! -- C

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.