Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cookie & Elsie a deux, coral purses, candy embroidery


I found a new website when I was on the web Wednesday morning (1/30)….so you know what that means….several hours collecting new recipes.  You know that’s my hobby right?  Not ever really cooking anything new….but collecting recipes I’ll someday try (NOT!) I’m ALL over that  J.  Got lots and lots of good ones…was mostly picking ones that had ‘light’ or ‘healthy’ in the title.  Finally, I had so many open documents on my computer that I had to stop and get some work done.  You know those little purses I have been making?  Well, I thought I was done making those….I’ve been making for 2 years, with great success, but we get the same people through the craft fairs, so have to find something new.  Anyway, Beth is going on a cruise for her wedding anniversary and wanted a more spring-like purse.  I had some coral with a bit of lavender in it that she just loved…so I cut the strips on Tuesday and started sewing after I got off the computer.  I had company while I was sewing:
 

 

You know…my little lady Cookie, her legs crossed at the ankles ‘just so’, patiently waiting for dad.

 

 
 
Or this one which seems to say “gosh, the paparazzi are just everywhere”:

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
Again, I discovered that if you just work on ONE thing….and don’t let yourself get distracted (I think I really have the attention span of a gnat!) you can get things accomplished….by dinnertime I had this:
 


 and also finished those embroideries I started earlier: 

 

You’ll have to wait til closer to Christmas to see how I use them…I have a lot more to do!

 

 
 
 
 
Michael and I had leftovers for dinner and just vegged for the rest of the evening.

2 comments:

  1. Those photos are just the best!!!! ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purses are beautiful!! I have to go back and look at earlier pics -- did they always have the curved swoop? And I love the pics of the "kids" -- they really seem to be a regular duo!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.