Wednesday, January 16, 2013


Michael was supposed to go golfing on Monday (1/14), but there was rain everywhere around us so they cancelled it.  I had an entire day and evening to do whatever I wanted…and I just wasted it.  I was scheduled for a colonoscopy on Tuesday morning…and I pretty much worried myself to death.  I don’t think I’m usually a worrier….so have no idea where it came from, but I just kind of walked from project to project, not doing anything.  Typically, the colonoscopy went off without a hitch….more on that tomorrow!

We were up at 5:30 AM Tuesday morning (1/15) and after a shower, headed off to the gastroenterology center.  What can I say, the people were wonderful…and everything went off without a hitch.  When I had my last procedure (in Connecticut), Michael said that I didn’t remember getting in the car, the ride home, or getting into the house.  For this procedure, I had told Michael that I wanted to stop and eat on the way home…unless I wouldn’t remember it!  I said if I wasn’t going to remember it….don’t bother wasting those calories!  The people at the center told me that last time, they probably used a combination of versed and demeral, and that leaves a groggy affect when you wake up.  They were giving me something else that probably wouldn’t act like that.  They were right…the minute I opened my eyes in recovery, I was wide awake and not groggy.  Anyway, we stopped at IHOP on the way home….saw several SCCL people there, and were home by 10 AM.  I took a nap from 10 – 12, then Joanne picked me up and we headed to Stitch & Chat.  I don’t know why, but S&C was really fun on Tuesday….a lot of laughs with the people I was sitting with.  I took my baby quilt for show and tell, and everyone liked it.  I’m going to take it to quilting on Thursday, then it will be wrapped and delivered to my doctor.  Michael and I had pizza for dinner (yum!) and then Michael and Walt went to the movies, while Jan and I stayed home and talked and watched TV.  All in all a great day (after the very beginning of course  J).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.