Monday, March 9, 2020

new QoV layout, shrimp scampi


We both slept in Sunday morning (3/8), then moved very slowly until Michael left at 1 PM for his matinee.  

I headed downstairs, itching to work on my newest QoV.  I finished up the second border: 


and got strips cut for the third.  At this point I must confess that I jumped to the BG/Mary Jo method as I couldn’t wait to see how it was turning out:  








I ADORE it....what do you guys think????   I am so happy I decided to try this pattern for a new QoV (although once again, the layout is messing with my brain!!).  

While I was working, Lucy found her way to the to-be-bound pile: 



Making those 12 blocks took me all afternoon, and when Michael got home at 6 PM (after a stop at the grocery store), he said ‘’we’re having champagne….right?’’  So, it was champagne (celebrating the end of the first weekend of performances of 12 ANGRY JURORS): 


and shrimp scampi for dinner.  I set out all of my ingredients:


(mushrooms, onion, garlic, sherry, half & half, old bay seasoning, shrimp, shaved parmesan), because once you start cooking it, it goes very quickly.  Michael made pasta for a base and finally we were enjoying our dinner:  






We both relaxed and watched TV the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new QoV. That's what I envisioned a little making for my brother...patriotic but not overly busy.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.