Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thursday morning (11/16) Jan picked up Willa and me at 8:30 to head to the official grand opening of Joann’s!!!!!  It was totally cool, we had lots of good coupons and even got a $10 gift cert for being in the first 100 customers.  We were there for 2 hours and then headed off to quilting.  It was a small group (many of them were still at Joann’s) but I got a bit of knitting done before we headed home.  Michael and I headed up to square dancing at 4:30 and it was such an aerobic event for 2 hours that when we got home neither one of us felt like eating dinner.  So we just noshed a bit and then separated, me to continue weaving and Michael to continue watching TV.



I spent Friday morning getting ham and bean soup into the crockpot and doing a lot of paper/money work to get out ducks in a row to order name tags for square dancing.  I am treasurer of our club and have been getting checks and cash for several weeks and luckily it all balanced and I got my deposit ready before Barrie showed up.  Barrie is one of my clinic knitters and she is finishing up a beautiful entrelac shawl for her mom for Christmas.  She is one of my beginning knitting students and this is her first project.  I truly don’t know any other knitter who would have even attempted this as a beginner, but there was never any doubt in my mind that she could accomplish it….she took to knitting like a duck to water (what is it with the ducks on my mind today?)  Anyway, the shawl is almost finished and if I remember I am going to take a picture of her modeling it….because both the shawl and Barrie are beautiful!  We had a great visit talking and knitting and when she finally left, I got just a few things done around the house before Michael got home from a horrible round of golf.  I guess there was a group right behind them on the tees who just made their whole round a misery, so he consoled himself with watching golf on TV.  Bob picked me up at 6 for a practice session with the band…and when I got home close to 10 I was too tired to do anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.