Sunday, November 27, 2011

I did a little cleaning, a little cooking and a little sewing on Friday (11/25) really just marking time until Michael came home (with a SCORTCHING 81 from the golf course) and until I left to pick up MARY JO at the airport!!!!!!!!!!!  Of course it was a fabulous evening and we talked and talked and talked until 12:30 when I finally fell into bed.  The other exciting thing that happened on Friday was that Bob (a friend and woodworker) delivered the ‘scarf rack’ he has been working on for me.  It looks like a ladder for a bunch of Smurfs, the I think it will display many scarves beautifully, but in a small space. 

I will try to remember to take a picture of it (full of scarves) at the craft fair next Sunday afternoon.

Even thought I got to bed very late…I woke up at 4:30 and couldn’t get back to sleep, so at 5:30 I got up and made this outrageous coffeecake for breakfast!  Mary Jo and I crafted all day, until Penny picked her up for church at 3:30.   Penny stayed for dinner once they got home (quiche, rolls, green beans) but left shortly afterwards.  We all left for the symphony and I think Mary Jo was enchanted with the ‘symphony de soleil’!  Incredible dancing and acrobatics, with a full orchestral background.  We got home around 11 and I was feeling pretty punk from the beginnings of a cold, so I spent an hour in the tub: hot water and a hot toddy were just what the doctor ordered…I slept for a solid 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.