Monday, November 14, 2011

Friday morning (11/11) was the ‘soft opening’ of Joann’s Fabrics near where I live….FINALLY…after 5 years of waiting, there is a Joann’s store near me.  Jan and I were there at 9 and we met TONS of people from SCCL and Thursday quilting who were also there!  We mostly just walked around and checkout everything they had…it is a GREAT store and I’m sure I’ll be utilizing it a lot for notions and zippers and such.  I had a chance to do a bit of weaving when I got home, then a few people showed up for knitting clinic.  Del had called to say she had a problem with her afghan, so I told her to come…Barrie came with her entrelac shawl (and it looks beautiful, the knitted fringe is done as well and she will be sewing it own soon!) and Jackie came to get advice on making a sweater.  Jeri stopped by to pick up some yarn and a book, Lois came by to talk to Jackie about going to Joann’s and Jan stopped by to say hi!  It was a very lively afternoon.  Michael and I had a quick dinner and I knit while we watched TV in the evening.



Saturday morning (11/12) I headed off early to Hobby Lobby.  Friends had told me that they had some yarn I was looking for, and I also found fabric for a rope tote bag that someone ordered from me for a Christmas present.  I was home by 10:30 and spent the rest of the morning and afternoon weaving.  Michael played horseshoes in the morning, and watched golf in the afternoon.  Before dinner I had finally finished the 2 scarves on my loom and had cut them off.  I still have to do finishing on them, so no picture until they are totally done!  I’ve been trying to knit every minute that I’m in the car, or watching TV and got the ends sewn in on 4 additional scarves: 

These scarves are all the rage down here!

Sunday morning Jan and I had a meeting in Pineville and stopped for a quick breakfast at IHOP before heading home.  I spent the day in my studio (while Michael was out golfing and came home with an 85!!), cutting strips of fabric and wrapping clothesline for the newest tote.  We had pizza for dinner and settled in to watch TV in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.