Thursday, December 27, 2018

yoghurt, kitty quilt top done, Janice's quilt top


Michael was up early on Wednesday (12/26) for golf, while I finished off the yoghurt I had fermenting overnight in the crockpot for him:  




When that was done I ran through my emails, and discovered yet another friend is down with a bad cold (Paula was the first).  I decided since I already had a quart of Elephant Chicken soup ready to go, I would run it down to Loree, along with some Christmas treats.  Paula went along for the ride, and when we got home, we sat outside her house for about an hour, solving all of the problems of the world. 

After that I headed to my studio, excited that my year end goals are within reach!!  A couple of weeks ago, when I was working on the borders for my 4th retreat quilt….I had no idea whether or not I could also finish all of the quilt tops I had cut out for retreat and then give my studio a thorough cleaning to start the year fresh, but I had that as a goal.  Luckily, with all of my kitty blocks done as of yesterday, I just have to sew it together and get the borders on and I will be done with every single thing I took to retreat…that means 7 quilt tops completed since November 12th (the first day of retreat) and I am PSYCHED!!!  By the time Michael came home from golf around 3:30 PM….I was THRILLED to be all done: 


 You all know I made a bunch of Christmas candy….but we still had a group of people that we needed to hand it out to, so Michael and I hopped in the golf cart and went hither and yon to deliver almost all of the candy….I just have a few more people to hit tomorrow.  When we got home, Michael hopped in the shower while I spent an hour on YOUTUBE, looking at long arm loading videos.  I am always looking to improve my technique and I did pick up a few pointers from Jamie Wallen…a rock star in the quilting universe  :~).  We both had leftover soup for dinner and I started just a tiny bit on the clean up of my studio before settling in for SKYPE-ing with Janice at 7 PM.  We SKYPE-d until 8:30 when I headed upstairs to watch TV with my honey and to finish the hood on the sweater for AJ.

I wanted to show you one funny thing…Michael has wanted a new TV for quite awhile and we decided that that was a big present we would give each other for Christmas.  He’s been trying to figure out what size to buy, so when I went upstairs to watch TV last night…this sight greeted me:  


In case you can’t tell what it is, he added cardboard flaps to the side of the TV to get a sense of how big the new TV might be  :~).   And since we brought a bunch of new stuff in the house with Christmas, while we were watching we started with our game space and weeded out some things to be donated:



And I’m glad I only had a few pictures today because I have another one that I didn’t want to get lost in the shuffle!!!  Janice (a CT Fiber Floozie and long time friend) has finished a ‘Loree’ quilt top:  



This was all out of leftovers she had and I think it looks beautiful!!!  I can’t wait until she is living in NC and can come over and quilt things as she finishes them  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.