Tuesday, December 18, 2018

MESIG Christmas Party and Show & Tell


****  I just bought an 8 cup Hamilton Beach food processor that I've decided doesn't really fit in my kitchen.



Before I return it, I thought I'd ask if anyone was interested in this for $25.  Let me know soon or it's going back!

******************************
My honey was up at 6 AM on Monday (12/17) to make a good breakfast before leaving for Chester Golf Course.  I hopped up around 7 AM to finish off my last candy for the year…..chocolate dipped peanut butter sandwiches:  



Anne picked me up before 10 AM and we headed over to Hobby Lobby…I saw the cutest pattern for AJ in my emails in the morning and got totally sucked in and just HAD to HAVE yarn right away  :~).  We finally found yarn…which is a significantly different gauge from the pattern and there’s maybe not enough of it….but I am trusting in Miss Nancy and I will MAKE IT WORK!!!  

When we came home I had a whirlwind of stuff to get done.  First up was making my food contribution for the MESIG (machine embroidery) party starting at 12:30.  I made those ham/cheese/poppyseed sandwiches and got them baked:  


Then I tried to figure out a gauge for the new yarn so that I could start knitting it at the party.  Anne loaned me back the purple Christmas Tree pillow so that I could have it for show and tell, so I packed that up.  I also got 2 flat rate boxes of my candy boxed up and out on the front porch for pickup by the mail lady.  The time flew by and I left at 12:15 for the party.  

We had lots of yummy food: 








and wonderful show & tell: 




in the hoop leather purse

tissue box cover

another in the hoop leather purse





reading pillows











more in the hoop purses


embroidering on a sweater





but there was a surprise guest that was the BEST part of the party.  Remember my friend Sue, who had a stroke while on the phone with Pat?  Well, she has finally gotten to come home from rehab and came to the party!!!  


She still has trouble with some words, but is much, much better.  Her sister was with her and I think they both had a good time.  I was home around 3 PM and my honey came home shortly afterwards.  We talked for a bit and then started to make our butternut squash/ravioli stir fry for dinner.  We paused in the middle of it to try to FACETIME with AJ (that didn't go well, it never did really work), and were finally eating by 7 PM.  We watched TV for the rest of the evening….I was knitting furiously, but even though I did a gauge when I got to the armholes the back was much too big, so I ripped it all out and began again.  My honey gave me an excellent hand massage when I couldn’t knit anymore…sometimes it's no fun getting old  :~).

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.