Friday, December 7, 2018

SHQ show & tell


It was 28 degrees when we got up Thursday morning (12/6), a far cry from temperatures in the 70’s on Sunday and Monday!!!  Michael and I packed up 4 more quilts, the 2 fish quilts I just finished and 2 others I finished awhile ago: 



and I took them into quilting.  When BEDS=DREAMS does a distribution, if there are other children in the family they also get a small blanket…so that’s where these will go.  

I have to tell you...it is definitely fun doing these secret projects!!  I gave out the latest project at quilting, and June said 'I never thought I would be the recipient'!  Remember this quilt:  



June asked Sandy to bring it in to give her some inspiration as June has a similar underwater panel.  I thought June might like some fish to go in her undersea art quilt, so I embroidered 3 different sets:  

stitching out




the happy recipient

I think she was really thrilled.  And Anne (who stopped over while I was stitching them out, really enjoyed being in on the surprise!)

I moved right along on my Thursday project at quilting (which is good as I’m teaching it as a class in January) and we had wonderful show and tell:  

Donna finished this up to give to a friend

Sandy paints on ceramic and then fires it

another example of her painting on a tile

I like this snowman...I might have to make one

these colors were way sharper and prettier in person

and the backing fabric was gorgeous

Jerri didn't want to make a pillow, so she used the loops to make a pin instead!

this is the quilt I just finished quilting for Cheryle

I love this woven colorway

and another Loree quilt is on the board, and look at that gorgeous french braid border

making good use of leftovers for the back

this quilt was GI_NOR_MOUS!

and Susie is starting to have some of her hand pieced tops machine quilted
Pam's making placemats

and Marge is doing reading pillows



Jan came to quilting around lunchtime, so I split my sandwich with her, then we headed to Chick-fil-a to get their Christmas milkshakes….YUM!!  

When I finally got home, I spent 2 hours on the computer looking at beads and trying to put together colors I wanted.  I paused for a quick and light dinner (not really hungry after the milkshakes), and then headed back to finally put in my order for new beads.  I sewed for just a bit and got the inner, white border on another retreat quilt top: 


and finally joined Michael for some TV watching and bead stringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.