Saturday, December 15, 2018

new QoV started, Michael's dessert, Lucy & Ethel in bed

My honey made me a terrific breakfast Friday morning (12/14) with home fries he brought home from his breakfast out on Tuesday:  



I spent a good bit of time getting my blog out and ordering a few Christmas presents on the internet before settling back into sewing.  Now that I’ve completed the borders on all 4 of my retreat tops, it’s time to start piecing the other 3 quilt tops I cut out for retreat.  First up is another QoV:  



I worked on that for a couple of hours until it was time to leave for yet another doctor’s appointment.  Michael and I left before 1:30 PM and didn’t get home again until just after 5:30!!  

We had leftovers for dinner and I worked downstairs for a couple more hours….at this point all of my blocks are done:  






I headed upstairs and since we’ve been to the store recently, I finally got to make Michael a dessert treat the way I wanted:  
remaining piece of brownie, broken up into bites

some of that fabulous triple chocolate ice cream (Pat, have you tried yours yet??)

luscious caramel sauce that Anne made

voila!
My honey thought it was fabulous!!!  I got several more bead strings done while we were watching TV….only one more to go!  

So the ‘cat bed’ has been buried for a long time under the afghan on the downstairs sofa.  Sometimes Cookie has squished in it, but the cats weren’t using it anymore as I thought they wouldn’t fit anymore.  With Michael moving the bird feeder, they spend a lot of time at the door staring out and I thought I’d move the bed there so that they’d have a warmer place to sit.  If they used it I thought I might ask Larry to build a sort of platform for them…well, low and behold, yesterday while I was sewing I saw this:   





Don’t they look absolutely adorable squished in there???  After all, they used to look like this:
look at all of the room left in there!!!


And then, a little bit later, I got a video of this:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.