Wednesday, December 5, 2018

2nf fish quilt totally finished, lunch, QoV first border


Michael took off early for a routine dermatology appointment (and a bunch of errands: BJ’s, CVS, liquor store, movie tix, gas, pet store & breakfast) on Tuesday (12/4), while I made my tea and made my way downstairs.  I was determined not to goof off nearly as much as I did yesterday (although I felt naughty & wonderful all at the same time while on PINTEREST :~), and I can happily say that I didn’t  :~).  I cranked up my Christmas music and dove in.  I wanted to kick off my embroidery machine first thing, but decided the way I had set up the patterns yesterday was not really working.  So, I totally changed the program and kicked it off again….it worked MUCH better  :~).  The designs are so very pretty….I think the recipient will be thrilled to get them  :~).  While that was going I started to finish up the binding on the second fish quilt.  By the time I stopped for a late lunch, my binding was done:  


I’ll just stitch down the label tonight and these 2 fish quilts will be ready to go.

I made a wrap for lunch, but you have to see what I had with it:


 I was eating this lunch on December 4th....and I still have a tomato from my friend Pam's garden!!!  She gave me a bunch of green ones, and they have slowly been ripening....I have one more left!

Remember this list I created when I got home from retreat?:

1.    loading, basting and finishing Cheryle’s customer quilt
2.   a secret Christmas present (Anne's Christmas Tree pillow)
3.   trim, label & bind 2 fish quilts complete before I left on retreat
4.   Borders on 4 quilt tops done at retreat
5.   loading, basting and finishing a quilt for someone at Scrap Happy

Well…somehow I got it out of order, but numbers 1-2-3 and 5 are now all done, and in the afternoon I started to work on #4.  I pulled out the patriotic tops I had finished:


And got started on the first border.  Anne came by for a visit in the afternoon and we talked and talked and talked and talked!!!  She got to see the newest (and unexpected) secret project…and thought it was beautiful.  And after she left, there was almost a 'moment' going on:



Michael left at 6:30 PM for the movies, and I still had some energy left, so I continued to work on my borders.  I stopped at 7 and SKYPE’d with BG until almost 8:30, then went back to sewing.  By the time Michael got home, I had the first border on both quilts:


So, Anne wrote me with yet another ‘home’ for her pillow (notice the purple walls!!!):   



This is on a chair in her bedroom where (as she says) she sees it last thing before she goes to sleep, and first thing when she gets up!  Everyone should have the opportunity to make and give a gift like this…it warms my heart to no end to know how much she treasures it  :~).

1 comment:

  1. Annes pillow looks like it was MADE to be in the bedroom !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.