Sunday, December 9, 2018

border on 3rd retreat quilt finished, P&S quilt loaded up


Saturday (12/8) dawned gloomy but dry….store shelves are empty as the weather people keep hyping the coming snow.  Michael’s golf was cancelled, and I headed to my studio to continue to work on my borders.   I finally finished up the borders on my third retreat quilt:  

and also made the binding:  


I’m really trying to make the binding when I finish a top, because I already have all of the fabric out….AND it ultimately helps me to get the quilt done in a more timelyfashion because I am more motivated once it’s quilted knowing that the binding is all done, just waiting for me to apply it  :~).  

After that I dropped back to a new project.  At a recent charity day at Scrap Happy, June coordinated making blocks and sewing them together for some badly needed Prayers & Squares quilts (thanks to Loree’s excellent notes, we know we’ve given out 120 quilts since starting in 2012).  I didn’t want to sew on the blocks because I know my portable machine takes a wicked wide 1/4 ‘’ seam, but I figured I would participate by helping with the quilting.  I sewed together fabric for a backing and got the first quilt loaded up:  



By then it was dinnertime and we had a wonderful reprise of our Thanksgiving feast.  We spent the evening watching SULLY….if you haven’t watched this movie yet…you really need to…it is SO moving and Tom Hanks is excellent!  I also got another ‘rainbow’ necklace loaded up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.