Friday, December 14, 2018

SHQ Christmas Pary and Show & Tell


Paula walked down to my house Thursday morning (12/13) and we took off for quilting; we dropped off the spice cookies on the way.  

Today was our Christmas Party and it was absolutely delightful!  Several people were in holiday garb:  

Jerri L's finished pin, modeled after the 3D Christmas pillows

Loree always turns up in something cute :~)

We sat and talked until everyone got there:



And after talking and getting our food all ready:  











we dove in!!  We ate and talked for a bit before playing the Chinese Auction game with our gifts…the gifts were truly over the top….not a bad one in the bunch!  Gift certificates to the newly opened HOBBY LOBBY seemed particularly welcome!  We played a holiday left/right game with patriotic fat quarters, and ended up with show and tell and stories of people’s favorite quilts:  
Sandy D with an exquisite teeny, tiny felted wool sewing kit


Susie

Floy with another adorable applique quilt

who can resist this hippo?  not me!

extra bonus?  a nice picture of Denise in the background!
another silly one from Floy

gorgeous thread painting by Marge

made when Carolina's daughter was just a baby

I was home just after NOON and spent time in the studio with my honey.  I worked hard on my borders and by dinnertime, my last retreat quilt top was all finished:  


We had leftovers for dinner and while we watched TV in the evening, I started to load up a new necklace.  I had a big order of beads delivered on Monday and they are BEAUTIFUL!!!  I can’t wait to see how they braid out after I get them all loaded.

1 comment:

  1. I love that quilt. Those borders really made it pop. Is that the one you wouldn't do again?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.