Monday, December 10, 2018

cut out cookies, cheesy bread, Paula & Doug for dinner


What a miserable day weather-wise Sunday (12/9) was!!  It was the epitome of ‘raw’ when I took the dog out first thing in the morning, but my honey made everything cosy with yummy home fries (from a baked potato we brought home from our dinner at Hickory Tavern!) and eggs for breakfast:  




I spent the rest of the day making cut out sugar cookies (new recipe):  



ladylocks shells (new recipe which didn’t work out  :~( and cheesy bread (new recipe ) and getting Italian Wedding Soup in the crockpot.  

Michael spent a bit of time reading in front of the fire with his favorite companion: 

look at her under the covers!





and watching golf.  

Paula & Doug came by around 6 PM and pronounced the soup and bread delicious.  




the cheesy bread

We played SCREWED for a bit, then paused for lemon squares and some almond squares that Joanne had dropped off earlier.  Since my ladylocks shells didn’t work out, after Paula & Doug left I sat and frosted my orange cut out cookies for a dessert for the Cooking Fingers Christmas Tea on Monday.







2 comments:

  1. Super cookies - but why not any russian pumpernickle bread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Cookie needs a hand knit sweater !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.