Thursday, June 23, 2011

So, I’m downstairs Wednesday morning (6/22) doing some of my exercises.  Just before I came down, I pointed out to Michael that we had a lone daisy blooming behind one of the blueberry bushes.  So…what do you think happens…..along comes a bunny…up he goes on his hind legs….bites the stem in half so that the ONLY FLOWER WE HAVE IN THE BACK falls to the ground so that he can eat it!!!!  I can’t believe the bunnies this year.  We didn’t plant any vegetables out back because they ate all of them last year…but I thought we’d be safe with flowers!!!  No such luck, they have eaten the flowers in our front bed FOUR TIMES!!!!  Michael finally found this one kind of flower they have not eaten, but really, it’s ridiculous….we need more coyotes! 

Anyway, at 9 AM we went up in the golf cart to the farmer’s market.  We got peaches, corn, and tomatoes.  I noticed that Sheila (one of the vendors) was slammed with customers, so I stayed to help her.  Michael took everything home and packed up the car and came back to get me so that we could begin our marathon errand running!  First up was an appointment with my sleep doctor….he was running an hour late.  Good thing I had knitting and Michael had his book.  Next up was the foot doctor to finally pick up my orthotics (does this sound old fogie or what!)  We hit the dollar store to pick up some disposable tins to use when we are cooking for ailing friends, and then Earth Fare for soy yoghurt and AAA for Michael to begin the process of getting a new passport (his has expired and we are cruising to Mexico next January).  We stopped at the vet’s for 3 sets of pills for Chloe and blew off the rest of our errands since we had been gone for 5-1/2 hours and were both cranky!!  I zipped over to Jan and Walt’s to talk over a few things with them (they leave on their cruise on Friday) while Michael worked on a new photo/music video he is doing.  We had leftovers for dinner and we both watched TV until bedtime.

Here are a few more of the ‘lost’ pictures….these are portions of our front flower bed:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.