Saturday, June 25, 2011

I think I need a tiny bit more structure in my life!  My desk is once again a disaster area….if only I would commit to spending 20 minutes on it once a week, I’m sure it would stay cleaned off.  So, starting this coming Monday, I’m going to designate Mondays as ‘paper day’ and make sure not only my desk papers are filed or in order….but all of the other paper stuff (crap!) that I have all over the house will be tidied up!  I’ve had a problem getting rid of paper pretty much all of my life, so we’ll see if I can master this once a week routine. And for those of you that read this blog…I wouldn’t mind a few questions/comments on Mondays to help me keep up with the program.



Anyway, since I didn’t ride my elliptical Friday (6/24) morning (don’t even ask me why, I got up early, wasn’t tired, had lots of time!?!) I decided I had to ride my bike up to Nancy’s to visit.  She wanted me to stop by to see the progress she is making in several areas of her house, and it all looked lovely!  I stopped at the grocery store on the way home for just a few things, then came home and sat down to have breakfast (I had leftover pizza ‘cause by then it was NOON) and read the morning paper.  Michael got home within minutes to inform me of his golf score……80!!!!!!!  Yep, what a scorching score (matches the weather!)  I think it included 9 pars and 2 birdies!  I got to spend the afternoon sewing on my secret project, after which Michael and I got cleaned up and joined Dee and Howard and Sally and Jimmy at CAFÉ MONTE for our monthly dinner.  The women all had the scallops…heavenly with grilled tomatoes and flavored risotto, while the men had grilled chicken, beef short ribs and Michael had crab crepes with tarragon cream sauce.  Everything was divine and afterwards we ‘rolled’ on over to Sally and Jimmy’s for a lovely cinnamon coffee cake for dessert.  We were home by 9 and read for a bit (and I got pudding made for chocolate ice cream) before heading to bed.

One other thing happened on Friday....Jan and Walt left for their cruise vacation.  Their daughter picked them up at 10:30 AM to head to the airport.  At 12:30 I got a call from jan saying good-bye and telling me that their flight was supposed to leave at 1:30.  At 3:30 I got another call, they had been sitting on the tarmac for TWO HOURS!!!!  Apparently there was very bad weather in Newark and no flights were allowed to come in.  I have no idea what time they finally took off...guess I'll have to wait until she gets home on the 7th to find out!

1 comment:

  1. from MJ - Tomorrow is Monday - Good luck with the papers... I can't believe you're tackling the whole house and not just your desk !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.