Saturday, June 11, 2011

Friday morning Michael left early for golf; unfortunately he was still worried about me and didn’t play very well on the front nine.  But he did better on the back and ended up with an 89 overall.  I felt like I had a million things to do on Friday, and I limped my way through them.  I ran to the bank to get them to fill out and fax papers to have Michael’s pension direct deposited in our new bank, then ran back and picked up Jan.  We hit WALMART, and I got lots of summer tops and a few shorts for dirt cheap since summer clothes have already been out for so long(?????).  Actually, I was lucky to get anything at all….we were checking out and the clerk looked at me and said ‘I’m sorry, your credit card has been denied’!!!  My mouth dropped open in shock, and then I knew what had happened.  I had received a letter from the credit card agency telling me that some of my information had been compromised and that they would be sending me a new credit card.  I got the new one, but just tossed it in my purse until I had time to activate it.  Well….I guess they got tired of waiting for me (I swear, it was only a few days  J) and they shut my old one off.  I was going to write a check, but of course, we’re trying to change banks and I only had the old checks with me….luckily Jan whipped out HER card and said we could both use it!!!  Thanks goodness for good friends.  Believe you me, the minute I got home I activated the new card.  Anyway, then we went to the chiropractor, who definitely made my back feel much better.  We stopped at Cold Water Creek for their 40% off sale, and I had a rather unsettling adventure in the parking lot.  I was driving slowly and made a left hand turn.  I had seen a young boy on a skate board coming up near my car as I made the turn.  After I made it, I started looking for the kid because when I saw a parking space, I was going to turn into it and I didn’t want him between me and the space!  I couldn’t see him anywhere and looked out my rear view window.  You guessed it…he was hanging onto my bumper on his skateboard.  I slammed on the brakes (not as dramatic as it sounds since I was literally going about 2 miles an hour) and rolled down my window and yelled out “I don’t think so”.  He let go of the car!!!  Why are we all like that when we’re young….dumb enough to do a simple stupid thing that could easily get us seriously hurt?  Anyway, Jan got pants and a top at CWC and we were off to Trader Joes for groceries.  Tylenol and Michael’s lumbar pillow helped me to get through all of the driving.  I got home around 2:30 and had time to relax just a bit and take a shower before heading off to our neighbor’s for snacks and cocktails.  We were there around an hour and then 10 of us headed up to the Lake House for THE FABULOUS FOLLIES, a presentation by our local performing arts group.  It was a very nice program, not too long and with many funny bits!  We were home by 8 and Bev followed us home to pick up one of my wall hangings that she bought.  I stupidly didn’t take a picture of it before loading it into her car….so I have asked her to send one.  I’ll post the picture when I get it.  Michael and I watched a bit of TV before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.