Sunday, January 20, 2013

new candy cane blocks



Temp outside when we woke up…..27 degrees…..brr_r_r_r!  Looks like my resident celery is still alive and kicking (I try to remember to pull it back into a corner of the porch, against the house, every night).  I have a third celery bottom ready to be planted….I’m going to try to take pics of the process to show how really fast some green leaves show up!

Michael left for a tee off time of 10:30  (coming home at 3:30 with  a smokin’ 80) while I spent my day re-creating my candy cane blocks :-(.  I made 12 blocks previously, but my background fabric had a pattern that crossed at a 45 degree angle.  So, I crossed the candy canes at a 45 degree angle, never realizing that part of the canes would end up in the seam :-(.  But…they are all done now and look fabulous:
 
At 4:30 a friend of mine came home from the hospital, so I ran the last of the ham/bean/barley soup over to her and her hubby, along with cornbread and the last 2 brownies.  Michael made mac ‘n’ cheese for dinner, and I continued to sew and watch TV in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.