Sunday, January 27, 2013

celery


Michael made me a scrumptious breakfast Saturday morning (1/26) after which I bundled up and headed down to the studio.  It was 59 degrees down there (the furnace people said they would be by between 3 PM and 7 PM) but I plowed ahead with my mystery.  In the afternoon, as I was trimming a section, I discovered that my next to the next to the last strip was too short L….so I proceeded to rip out 3 strips (black thread on black fabric…what fun….NOT!)  Once I got that done, I headed upstairs to get a start on the bread we needed for dinner.  I paused for a moment to take a picture of my new celery…..here’s the progression:

 
A week ago Friday to Saturday to Sunday afternoon

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I finally got it planted a week ago Sunday, and it looked like this until Saturday (yesterday)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Look on the right....that teeny, tiny yellowish spot...that's new celery...in less than a week!
 
 
I finally got back to making the challah bread.  Michael and I left at 6 PM for our neighborhood dinner.  We had meatloaf, potatoes, broccoli casserole, a salad, the bread and a fabulous cake for dessert.  It was a wonderful evening, the only downside was that it seemed to break up very early.  I came home to watch TV and knit, while Michael leaded to the open house at Fort Mill Community Playhouse.  He signed us up for season tickets, got to visit with a lot of people and was home by 11.

1 comment:

  1. I would definitely be interested in your process for planting the celery. Have you actually been able to harvest any? or are you growing it mostly as ornamental?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.